At a time when allies can be hard to find, The Law Office of Edward Macek is on your side. Our bankruptcy attorneys in Milford, MA, are experts in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, and can provide the legal representation you need to swiftly settle your claim. This crucial time can have long-lasting effects on your financial state, so having expert legal consultation on your side is vital. Call The Law Office of Edward Macek today to schedule a time to discuss your bankruptcy claim in Milford, MA.
Five things you should know when considering bankruptcy:
- How much you owe and how much you make.Calculate precisely how much you owe and compare that to your income. If your debt overwhelmingly eclipses what you can pay based on your income, bankruptcy may be your best option.
- Don’t keep paying debts that can be settled in bankruptcy.Consult a bankruptcy attorney before exhausting your income attempting to pay off debts that can be settled through a bankruptcy claim. Use the money you have to buy necessities for you and your family. Don’t lose your home over credit card bills.
- Don’t give away money or assets to prevent them from being seized. In most cases, clients are able to keep their possessions, and gifting them to someone before filing for bankruptcy could be considered fraud.
- Stop using your credit cards. You may need to use your credit cards for emergencies, but try to otherwise refrain from using your credit cards as the accrual of further debt before filing for bankruptcy may create a negative impression on the court.
- Hire an attorney experienced in bankruptcy law. You may feel that an added expenditure is the last thing you need, but an attorney is your greatest ally throughout the process. Call The Law Office of Edward Macek today for expert advice and service before filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
The Law Office of Edward Macek is here for all your legal needs in Milford, MA.
When choosing an attorney in Milford, MA, you want a local attorney with a record of experience and professionalism. Edward Macek began practicing law in 1996 and thus has nearly 20 years of experience in bankruptcy law, family law, probate of estates and small business law. After attending Boston College, Boston University and the Massachusetts School of Law, Edward Macek has gained extensive knowledge in many legal fields and how they apply to the state of Massachusetts. Call The Law Office of Edward Macek today to set up a free 30 minute consultation
regarding all of your lawyer needs in Milford, MA.